I get the feeling today is not going to be my day! 11.30 am and this is the story of my morning so far…..
- Sleep at around 3.30am
- wake up at 8.30am still exhausted
- electricity about to run out so rush down the shop to get some
- halfway to shops realise I forgot the debit cards to draw money out – rush back home and collect them
- second trip get 3/4 of the way before I realise I forgot the electric key! walk back home using more expletives than a Martin Scorsese film
- Go back for the 3rd time and walk back clenching before the inevitable IBS kicks in
speaking of IBS as you know I finally spoke to the Dr about it and low and behold I have been constipated since! Just waiting for the floodgates to open so I am even less likely to leave the house until that happens. It will happen sooner rather than later and I am starting to better judge the signs.
Can you laugh at the little things or does it just ruin your day?
I have days when something silly happening like me tripping over in the street (and doing the obligatory little jog straight after!) can make me want to go back to bed and hide for the rest of the day.
Other days the same thing can make me laugh for the whole day! Even more so when it happens to someone else 🙂
Being able to laugh at yourself is an good way of dealing with depression. A little bit of humour can go a long way in changing your mood and even the way you are perceived by other people. People may well walk on egg shells around you as they worry how you would react in certain situations if they know your more inclined to laugh than cry is it possible they would be more forthcoming with you?
I am interested to hear what you think on this….